Encouraged by support from regional and national community networks, Eurasian Harm Reduction Network applied for role of host a regional platform for communication and coordination in EECA region to Support to the Community, Rights and Gender Strategic Initiative in 2017-2019. Key thematic areas of our communication and coordination work will be involvement of different vulnerable communities of the EECA region to process of transitioning, watch dog of quality of and ensuring access to HIV and TB services for key affected populations.
In our region, where opportunities to get technical support and help in development for communities are very limited, we need to do all we can to use this cost with maximum efficiency.
Based on our joint experience with key regional community networks on coordination of regional technical support and communication; developing policy documents and advocacy actions we have developed simple proactive approach to raise demand and effectiveness of technical support to strengthen meaningful engagement of civil society and community groups in Global Fund related processes on national and regional levels.
What we are going to do:
- webinars for communities: organizing regional informational conference calls for community leaders on GF processes on global and regional level. Webinars on hottest issues worked well and are needed;
- regional coordination meetings: information sharing meetings/workshops for EECA communities on CRG issues on global and regional events such as AIDS 2018 in Amsterdam and face-to- face meetings of regional community networks and partners to coordinate capacity building and TS activities leaders using occasions of different regional events;
- national meetings of community leaders, civil society and technical support partners to clarify capacity building and technical support gaps and to coordinate all communities in developing requests for TS. TS requests from countries will be clarified and connected with the possible and the most effective TS provider.
- regional meeting of affected by HIV and TB communities’ leaders, members of regional community networks to analyze capacity building gaps and to develop TS requests. Organization of such regional meetings will be led by regional community networks such as ECUO, ECOM, SWAN, ENPUD, TBEC and TB-people, Eurasian Women’s Network on AIDS.
- building capacity for effective representation of communities in CCMs: strengthen civil society and community groups’ capacity to effectively participate in work of CCM on national level and in transitioning processes through organizing regular regional and national workshops.
This work could be effective only with active support from regional and national community networks. We are happy to have understanding and support from our long term friend and strategic partners from ECUO, ECOM, SWAN, Eurasian Women’s Network on AIDS and ENPUD.